Travel in Belize
We are thrilled to have guests coming back to San Pedro, Belize! The government has worked hard to ensure both the locals safety as well as the safety of those visiting. The locals have spent most of the last six months on lock down -not even a little fishing! We’ve had very few cases of Covid. When outside the home, masks are required. Hand sanitation stations are everywhere. The Belize Tourism Board created “Tourism Gold Standard” Recognition program to ensure Tour Operators, hotels, and restaurants did everything possible to prevent the spread of Covid-19. These new protocols are focused on enhanced tour operator sanitation practices, social interactions, workplace policies and standard operating procedures, while ensuring minimal impact on the guest experience. The 9-Point program introduces enhanced health and safety standards by adapting new behaviors to ensure both travelers and employees are confident in the cleanliness and safety of tour experiences. Tourism Gold Standard Tour Operators are those that:
- Have a “Gold Standard Program Manager” who implements protocols and ensures compliance.
- Implement Monitoring & Reporting – to conduct non-invasive temperature checks and utilize the Ministry of Health App.
- Ensure Social Distancing protocols for workers and visitors.
- Implement enhanced cleaning & sanitization procedures such as increased disinfection of common areas, face masks, and personal protective equipment (PPE) for employees, visitors, and guests.
- Have a response plan should there be any suspected cases.
- Ensure clear and consistent communication with employees and guests.
- Have sanitization stations.
- Have digital technologies for transactions and online bookings.
- Implement a training plan for employees to ensure preparedness to manage new protocols.
Customs and Air Travel
The image above shows how Belize “Safe Corridors” have been created and will work. Prior to traveling you will need to take a PCR-19 test within 72 hours of departure. By showing these results in customs you will be ‘fast tracked’ and proceed as shown in the diagram above. Click on the image to visit the Belize Tourism site and learn more.
You’ll also need to download the official Belize Health Ap and starting filling out your information. You can use the links below to get your ap! If you are an Android user it is easiest to download the ap from the Belize Tourism Board. Click on the link below and scroll down just a bit.
American Airlines currently has many flights while United has flights a few days per week and will be adding more. Delta will be adding flights in November and December.