The 400 square miles of saltwater flats that surround Ambergris Caye is home to bonefish, permit and tarpon. Arguably the best place to “GRAND SLAM” in the world. Our bonefish average 2 to 4 lbs, with fish up to 6 lbs. as a big fish for Belize. We may not have huge bonefish, but we have a lot of them! Very fun on a 6 wt if you are an experienced angler. 8 wts. are used most of the time for bonefish, snook and small barracuda. 9 and 10 wt outfits are used for permit and tarpon. Our permit average 5 – 25 lbs., and tarpon 20 – 60 lbs for resident tarpon all year. Mid May through mid-October: Hunting migratory tarpon you will want an 11 or 12 wt outfit. An average fish during migratory season is about 60 – 90 lbs.
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
OPEN TO ALL ANGLERS, ALL ABILITIES.
That’s what we are about… making it accessible to you. So go ahead, catch your first bonefish, or find the thrill of your reel singing from a permit pulling on your line. Your soul will be renewed!
RATES AND INFORMATION
$500 US – FULL DAY
GUIDE FEE INCLUDES: Pick up at your dock (usually 7am – 3pm day). Lunch, and use of any fly fishing equipment needed. We also provide spin equipment upon request. We take into consideration the weather and which fish is best targeted with angling ability.
- Lunch is catered to your likes and diet.
- Use of rods/reels and flies. All guides carry leader material. It’s best to bring your own rain gear and foot protection. We fish from the boat and also wade fish depending on conditions. Tennis shoes work better than sandals if you are not going to invest in flats booties.
- We provide water bottles and refill water from gallon jugs. It’s imperative to drink a lot of water out on the flats. And we also don’t like to use single use plastic. If you need to go to the bathroom, inform your guide and they will take you to a beach or you can jump in!
- We provide you with our pre-packing list upon confirmation.
- Alcoholic beverages and gratuities not included.
Belize was the first country to make bonefish, permit and tarpon catch and release. If you are over 14 and younger than 65 you will need a fishing license.
Belize is popular with fly anglers these days! We have amazing access with boats and there is also fun DIY fishing. We recommend securing your guide as soon as you decide on dates. It’s not uncommon to book at least a year in advance. We do accept last minute reservations with availability.
DEPOSIT AND CANCELLATION
A 50% deposit is required to hold space for any trip or guide. No reservation will be held without deposit. Full pre-payment to Reel Belize/Reel Women Fly Fishing Adventuress is due 90 days prior to trip. No cancellation/refund less than 45 days. In the event of a cancellation, every effort will be made to transfer to another angler or date. All deposits are non-refundable but may be applied to another angler or date prior to 45 days before guided trip.
We wish everyday was a perfect day. However, if the day becomes too difficult to fish due to weather, every effort will be made to transfer guided trip to another day.